Whether or not; you are a new user of Airtel, and you do not know how to transfer Airtel airtime to another sim then, this article is for you.
Airtel is one of the top most sought-after Telecommunications service providers with over 60 million users across 14 countries in Africa.
They have consistently served their users for over a decade with affordable and reliable network services, and one of such services is Me2U. And this service requires the use of air time.
What is Airtime?
Airtime is any amount topped to the Airtel account that allows you to make calls and surf the internet via mobile Data. And when there is a need to share this airtime with someone or a loved one.
Fast and reliable services like Me2U can be used.
What is Me2U?
Just as the name implies, it is one of the Airtel services that give you access to share airtime and data with your loved ones, colleagues, or neighbors irrespective of the distance and the volume of Data.
The intriguing thing about this service is the fact that it is free.
You even stand a chance to jump on the juicy offer where you buy airtime worth N20,000 and above and instantly enjoy 4% through software applications called self-care.
Benefits of using Me2U
The benefits of using Me2U are:
- This service is free, you will not be charged an extra fee for using it.
- There is no restriction to the number of transactions. I.e you can make as many transactions as you desire.
- No further subscription is required of you.
- You are open to transferring limitless amounts as you desire.
How to Transfer Airtel Airtime to another SIM
There are several possible ways to transfer Airtel airtime to another SIM. All steps will be listed below:
How to transfer Airtel Airtime for the First Time
If you are new to Airtel Me2U. The first action to take is to change your transfer pin to something you can remember. Here is how to go about it:
- Move to your message box.
- Type in PIN – DEFAULT PIN- NEW PIN. For example, PIN 1234 4056.
- Send the message to 432.
- Immediately, you will receive a notification that the PIN has been modified to 4056.
At this junction, you can now transfer part of your airtime to anyone. Now that you have successfully changed your default pin.
Here is how to use the Me2U code:
- Dial *432#
- Tap on option 1. I.E Airtel to Airtel
- Type in the Airtel number you want to transfer to.
- Type in your four-digit pin
- Confirm the transaction by pressing or tapping on 1.
An alternative way to go about this is by transferring airtime with 2U [PhoneNumber] [amount] to 432.
That is if you wish to transfer N1000 to 08144564189 and your pin is 4056.
Send the message in this format “2U 08144564189 1000 4056 to 432“.
TOP PICKS FOR YOU:
- How to Check your BVN Using MTN, Glo, & Airtel
- List of Top 10 Most Expensive Smartphones in the World in 2021
- Top 10 List of Great Artists From Port Harcourt 2021
How to transfer Airtel airtime to MTN, Glo, and 9mobile
Unfortunately, you cannot transfer Airtel airtime to MTN, Glo, and 9mobile with the Airtel Me2U services. It is only possible for Airtel users.
How to transfer Airtel airline by (USSD)
The steps below allow you to transfer Airtel airtime on Airtel Me2U using its USSD code.
- Type in *166* amount * Airtel number #
- Carefully select an airtime option.
- Type in the required amount followed by a password and send.
Please note that the above transaction cost N10. So, you should ensure you have sufficient airtime in your Airtel account before proceeding with this option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for this service?
Those eligible for this service are Airtel prepaid users who share airtime with others.
What Tariff plan is allowed for this service?
The tariff plan allowed for this service is the prepaid tariff plan.
Does this service require a Special SIM?
No, this service does not require a Special sim. All it needs is your Airtel sim.
How do I transfer/data with someone?
To transfer/share data with someone. Start by dialling *141# and pick from the available options, Which are gifting or Me2U.
We believe these steps will guide you in transferring Airtel airtime to another sim. If you have any points that would help us, please let us know in the comment section.